Below you can find four planary recordings from the 2023 GETS Conference.
Plenary Session 1: Technology and Trust
Moderator: Diana Bowman, Andrew Carnegie Fellow & Professor of Law, Associate Dean, Applied Research and Partnerships, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
Plenary Session 2: Reigning in Big Tech: Whether, Why, Who, and How?
Moderator: David Gelfand, Professor of Practice, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- Gene Kimmelman, Senior Fellow, Yale’s Tobin Economic Policy Center, Harvard Kennedy School’s Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government
- Gus Hurwitz, Director of the Governance and Technology Center, University of Nebraska, Director of Law & Economics Programs, International Center for Law & Economics
- Jennifer Huddleston, Technology Policy Research Fellow, Cato Institute, Are the Kids Okay?: Exploring Industry Self-Regulating Options in Response to Critiques of Youth Social Media Use
- Kathleen Bradish, Vice President of Legal Advocacy, American Antitrust Institute
Plenary Session 3: Soft Law Governance of Specific AI Applications (Great Hall, Beus Center for Law and Society)
Moderator: Benjamin Faveri, Arizona State University
- Adam Thierer, Senior Fellow, R Street Institute
- Dan Merkle, Chairman & CEO, FaceFirst Inc.
- Lucille Tournas, Institute for Neuroethics, Think and Do Tank, School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University
- Tracy Pearl, Professor of Law, University of Oklahoma
Plenary Session 4: GPT and Large Language Models: Implications for Education and Beyond
Moderator: Wendell Wallach, Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs
- Brad Allenby, Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management, Arizona State University
- Chitta Baral, School of Computing and Augmented Intelligence, Arizona State University
- Jane Bambauer, University of Arizona College of Law
- Lea Bishop, Professor of Law, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Whitney Stefko Dover, The Pollinate Legal Team, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University