Before you attend
- All participants are highly encouraged to familiarize themselves with governing rules for NBA transactions per the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement. The NTDC Board will reach out with specific sections of Larry Coon’s CBA FAQ to review. The FAQ can be found here.
- Groups will each be assigned NBA teams and instructed to come up with a plan outlining the timeline to contention, player targets, and suggested moves two weeks in advance.
- Participating students will also receive the “virtual round” that will consist of quiz-like CBA questions on some of the basic provisions roughly two weeks in advance.
- Teams will receive contact info for other teams to begin to “tamper” and begin preliminary negotiations roughly one week in advance.
- While initial negotiations are encouraged, no official trades can be made until the Five (5)-hour period on Friday, November 3. All agreements made are not enforced unless at least one representative from each team comes to the mock NBA board with the official trade.
Thursday, November 2 (optional)
Teams are not required to attend the informal events on November 2.
3 p.m. Meet and greet with available judges following walk-through.
Friday, November 3
10:00 a.m. Check-in and breakfast
11:00 a.m. Event walkthrough
11:45 a.m. Break for lunch (on your own)
1:00 p.m. Trade period starts
6:00 p.m. Trade period ends; teams create presentations
Saturday, November 4
8:30 a.m. Check-in and breakfast
9:00 a.m. Presentations begin (must be submitted by 9 a.m.)
12:00 p.m. Break for lunch (on your own)
1:00 p.m. Remaining presentations
4:30 p.m. Q&A speaker panel
7 :00 p.m. Closing reception, top three teams announced